- Designed to safely deliver drugs.
- Works by formulating drugs into very tiny spheres known as nanovesicles.
- Nanovesicles “trick” cells into letting the drug inside.
- Can be designed and engineered with other drugs providing more effective and patentable drugs.
- Ideally suited for use in combination therapies.
- Cost-effective, scalable and biocompatible.
- Potentially applicable to other modes of administration such as topical, oral, and inhalation.
SDP: A Revolutionary New Drug Delivery Platform
The SciTech Drug Delivery Platform (SDP)
ST-001: A Breakthrough New Drug
About ST-001 nanoFenretinide
- Our patented lead drug, ST-001 nanoFenretinide uses our Delivery Platform in
combination with fenretinide, a drug with a well-documented safety profile.
- ST-001 is administered to the patient intravenously (IV).
- Once in the bloodstream, ST-001 nanovesicles bind to the cancer cell surface
and penetrate to the inside of the cell.
- High concentrations of fenretinide are released which disrupts cellular DNA,
causing the cancer cell to die.
ST-001 is Clinical Trial Ready
Our accelerated clinical trial is for ST-001 nanoFenretinide treatment of lymphoma at Rush University, Chicago, IL
(ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04234048).
Our goal is to confirm that:
- ST-001 nanoFenretinide new formulation is safe.
- ST-001 nanovesicle platform can transport fenretinide into the cancer cell at the right dose and without toxic side effects.
- ST-001 provides beneficial patient outcomes.
SDP will enable scientists to engineer, develop and patent new drugs for many other diseases.
SDP holds the promise of enhancing the therapeutic performance of other cancer and non-cancer drugs with similar solubility challenges, or enable other current drugs to work better.
In addition to our initially targeted indications, we plan to pursue ST-001 nanoFenretinide for the treatment of:
- Small cell lung cancer (SCLC)
- Metastatic breast cancer (MBC)
- Neuroblastoma (pediatric cancer)
- T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL)
Fenretinide has also shown promise in the treatment of cervical, colorectal, head & neck, ovarian, pancreatic, prostate, and pediatric cancers.
For more detailed information on our science and our company, please visit www.SciTechDevelopment.com.